*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Once you have your mountain bike, you may be considering what other goodies and accessories you can add to improve your ride. From new clothes, to extra bottles and pumps, we have your guide to the top mountain bike accessories to accommodate all your needs. As any mountain biker knows, being prepared for anything can really help avoid issues on the trails. From novices to experts, there are accessories from some of the top manufacturers that can help you.
Must-Have Mountain Biking Gear
Ride safer and more comfortably with mountain biking gear and accessories that help you in all aspects of your ride. Some of our top suggestions include:
- Padding & Safety Gear: Ask anyone who has ever gone mountain biking and they have more than likely fallen on the trail at some point. Because of this, one of our top picks for accessories is safety gear, like helmets and padding, for your shins and elbows. If you ride through rough terrain, miscellanies twigs can kick up and hit your legs as you ride. With protection in place, you can avoid damage while also protecting yourself in the event of a larger spill from your mountain bike.
- Glasses: Cycling glasses come with a myriad of options nowadays. The thing to keep in mind when choosing your glasses is the flexibility they provide. A great option is having interchangeable lenses. This can give you different lenses depending on whether or not the sun is high in the sky, there’s a glare, or you just need something to protect your eyes from debris. Having a sturdy and versatile pair of glasses is a must for any serious mountain biker.
- Jerseys & Shorts: Having the right clothes is just as important as having the right components. Get something that offers the right amount of coverage while also remaining lightweight to keep you cool and comfortable on your ride. Be sure to get something with padding if you plan on trying longer trails.
- Lighting: Not everyone chooses to mountain bike when it’s dark out, but if you’re planning on it, you should at least have appropriate lighting. Don’t just rely on a headlamp as this can limit your field of vision and not offer the safest approach. Equip your bike with extra lighting, and be sure to consider the level of illumination it provides.
- Repair Kits: Air pumps, tire patches, and chain grease should all be part of a repair kit that you take on any ride. The last thing you want to be worried about when you’re deep in a trail ride is whether or not you have the right tools to get you out of a jam.
- Hydration: This above all else, is one of the most important accessories to have on your mountain bike. Whether you have a backpack style water source, or additional bottles on your frame, having a good supply of water is a great way to stay hydrated and safe on the trail.
There is plenty of other mountain biking gear to have when you ride, but it all depends on you and the trail you’re riding. Don’t over pack, but be sure you have all the right bells and whistles you need to be safe.
Top Picks for Direct Cycle Parts
If you’re ready to stock up on bike accessories and are looking for a supplier of direct cycle parts, then look no further than our top picks for suppliers. Both companies provide reliable and affordable solutions for all your cycling needs. Best of all, because they are direct cycle parts companies, you can easily choose your accessories and have them delivered to your home.
Founded in 1994, Jenson USA has been creating components, accessories, and even bikes for passionate and dedicated cyclists around the world. With a focus on supplying riders who plan to live life to the fullest, Jenson USA has the feel of a grassroots movement. Not only can you get your accessories and components from them, but also they offer a wide selection of Jenson bikes that are crafted to take on any mountain bike trail.
Blue Sky Cycling
Specializing in the hottest mountain bike parts, accessories and gear, Blue Sky Cycling is in the business of provide customers with great access to direct cycle parts. They offer reliable services, and can even help you find the right gear for your specific ride. Also, they have a great return policy and price matching solution that takes the hassle out of looking through multiple online retailers to find your specific gear.
Getting Mountain Biking Accessories
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced mountain biker, accessories are the perfect way to take your ride to the next level. Also, with the help of pros from companies like Jenson USA and Blue Sky Cycling you can actually take the guesswork out of finding the right components or gear you need.